Lameness issues are one of the most frustrating problems horse owners face. Davie County Large Animal Hospital is here to guide you through the recognition, diagnosis, and treatment of lameness issues in your horse. All of our doctors have extensive training and experience in equine lameness and sports medicine. They will work closely with you and your horse to get you back on track.
Diagnostic testing is available at Davie County Large Animal Hospital to reveal these performance-altering problems. Our veterinarians at DCLAH can diagnose a disease or injury using the latest diagnostic tools and technologies including:
- Venogram 🎥
- Upper airway endoscopy
- Computerized gait analysis with the Equinosis Q with Lameness Locator®
With a diagnosis confirmed, we can then proceed to treatment with numerous different therapies:
- Joint injections
- ProVet for Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) injection
- IRAP - Interleukin-1 Receptor Antagonist Protein
- ESWT - Extracorporeal shock wave therapy
- Cold laser
Access to a boarded surgeon for surgeries and hospitalization:
- Joint infections
- Fractured splint bones 🎥
- Neurectomy 🎥
- Osteochondrosis (OCD) Surgery
- Laminitis 📄
- Equine Joint Disease 📄
- And more…
Equinosis Q with Lameness Locator® - Computerized Gait Analysis
The Equinosis Q with Lameness Locator® is a veterinary diagnostic system used to objectively measure a horse’s movement to locate subtle lameness and assess responsiveness to diagnostic analgesia such as nerve and joint blocks.
The inertial sensor, which is positioned in the croup, transmits up to 200 data points from the horse's head, pelvis, right front leg, and rider position.
Bluetooth technology located at the poll and the right front fetlock allows long-range connectivity to a tablet that displays real-time results.
- Establish a wellness baseline
- Monitor sub-clinical performance issues prior to visual cues
- Resolve mild or multiple limb lameness
- Quantify effectiveness of nerve & joint blocks
- Monitor rehabilitation progress
- Assess asymmetry in pre-purchase evaluations
Get to know more about it: http://equinosis.com/horse-owners/
Did you know?
Dr. Castro is one of the few certified lameness locator practitioners that works with this software in the United States.
Call us today to schedule your lameness evaluation with the Lameness Locator!
OUR SUCCESSFUL STORIES