VETERINARY STUDENT EQUINE EXTERNSHIP PROGRAM
The Davie County Large Animal Hospital externship allows veterinary students to gain experience in a wide variety of veterinary services such as Lameness using conventional and Equinosis Q Lameness Locator methods, Equine Surgery & Anesthesia, Acupuncture, Spinal Manipulation (Chiropractic), Regenerative Medicine and Rehabilitation, Podiatry as well as General Healthcare and Emergency Medicine. This program will sharpen diagnostic, therapeutic, and communication skills while assisting with appointments both at the hospital and ambulatory cases.
Shared, on-site housing is available and must be reserved when scheduling the externship. The duration of the externship has a minimum of two weeks. Please note that the externship is an unpaid program.
- A $150.00 non-refundable application fee
- A one-page letter of intent stating the desired dates for the externship and stating how the externship will benefit your
- For International Students: Proof of medical or travel insurance i.e., allianztravelinsurance.com is mandatory.
- For American Students
- Proof of medical and professional insurance i.e., AVMA-PLIT is mandatory.
- If the applicant is a 4th year veterinary student a payment and filing by the applicant with the North Carolina Veterinary Medical Board 15 business days before the beginning of the program is required. Visit: http://www.ncvmb.org Professionals tab, select Forms and Applications: See item #5: “4th year student intern application”
NOTE: Any documentation required by your veterinary school (i.e. grades, passing score, etc.) must be provided before or at the start of the externship. No paperwork will be completed after the completion of the externship.
For any additional information, feel free to contact us at (336) 998-7131.
❮ Internship for Internationals