Davie County Large Animal Hospital internship program gives recently graduated veterinarians the opportunity to gain knowledge and hands-on skills working in a fast paced, fully equipped hospital, with an abundant and diverse caseload of equine patients.
This program allows the intern to gain experience in a wide variety of veterinary services such as Lameness using conventional and Equinosis Q Lameness Locator methods, Equine Surgery & Anesthesia, Acupuncture, Spinal Manipulation (Chiropractic), Regenerative Medicine and Rehabilitation, and Podiatry as well as General Healthcare and Emergency Medicine. This program will sharpen the diagnostic, therapeutic, and communication skills of the recent graduate. The intern will assist with appointments both at the hospital and ambulatory cases. After a 30-day training period, the intern may be given primary responsibility on routine cases as well as after-hours and weekends emergencies. The Intern will participate in night/weekend care of hospitalized patients and assisting the doctor on-call with in-house emergencies. One publication in the form of a case report or retrospective study is encouraged to be completed during the year.
- A one-page letter of intent stating your experience and professional interests.
- Curriculum Vitae.
- The contact information for 3 personal recommendations.
- A veterinary license and accreditation to practice in the State of North Carolina by the time of hiring.
- Willingness to work after-hours and weekend on a shared schedule.
Applications are received year-round. Preference will be given to candidates who have successfully completed an externship or have visited the practice. A zoom interview is highly recommended for candidates that have not visited the practice. The interview can be requested via email to Michelle Barrier, DCLAH’s Veterinary Internship Coordinator, at [email protected].
- Base Salary $32,000
- Extra $100.00 for each after hours/weekend emergency seen as primary clinician.
- AVMA Membership Dues for 1 year
- AVMA Professional Liability Coverage
- NC Veterinary License Fee (not including application or exam fees)
- Continue Education allowance ($1,500.00)
- 6 Paid Personal Days Off
- 6 Paid Holidays (Emergency duty is required on some of these holidays)
For any additional information, feel free to contact us at (336) 998-7131.